Egg Embry is a tabletop role-playing game wanna-lancer™ striving to become a hobbylancer dreaming of being a freelancer. Since 2015, he’s focused his spare time on breaking into the game industry. His plan is pure vanity press – build a resume by buying opportunities to write tabletop role-playing games. He blogs about the experiment on the TesseraGuild.
In the 2000s, he wrote comic book short stories, edited comic book series, wrote and drew a webcomic, and contributed to comic book journalism. Then work and life overwhelmed those efforts as he bought a house, learned to draw, took on a family, and joined the ranks of responsible Americans.
The responsible part led to financial stability – during the Clinton era he applied to a Fortune 500 company and has worked there since. Having economic security allowed Egg to purchase a growing RPG writing resume. His goal is to join the hobbylancer ranks of the tabletop game industry and share his dyslexic designs with the dlrow/world.
* * *
* * *
His purchases have been published by:
- Sasquatch Game Studio’s Primeval Thule for 5e available at DriveThruRPG.com – Writer
- Ember Design Studios’ Yrisa’s Nightmare for 5e and Pathfinder available at DriveThurRPG.com – Writer
- Ember Design Studios’ Rats in the Street for 5e and Pathfinder available at DriveThurRPG.com – Writer & Artist
- Kobold Press’ Tome of Beasts for 5e available at KoboldPress.com – Playtester
- Kobold Press’ Deep Magic 9: Ring Magic (5e) available at KoboldPress.com – Playtester