FATEFORGE CORE BOOKS
Fateforge Core Rulebook: Adventurers
400 pages, Hardcover, Full color
Adventurers is the core book, including thorough rules on character creation, the basic game system, an overview of the world, and an extensive catalog of equipment, all with plenty of exclusive content: feats, a background creation process, class archetypes, and even a new class named the Scholar.
Fateforge Spellbook: Grimoire
320 pages, Hardcover, Full color
Grimoire details spellcasting and magic in general, as well as corruption and madness. It goes over geomagic, a notion particular to Fateforge that refers to localized magical phenomena. This book also provides insight into the Awakening, a phenomenon through which an individual becomes able to use magic. Finally, Grimoire comprises a compendium of over 360 spells, including more than 50 new ones, as well as original options and variants.
ADVENTURERS AND GRIMOIRE
Added together, these two core books clock in at 700 pages filled with original options and additions exclusive to Fateforge’s epic universe. Here are the key elements:
- Eana’s Universe. Find out about the civilizations and species of the world of Eana. Information is provided in particular about the Free City, Eana’s largest metropolis and the starting point of many adventures. You will also learn about Eana’s pantheon of entropic and harmonic deities.
- Background Creation System. This process goes through half a dozen steps, complete with examples. In addition, ten premade backgrounds are available, to be used as such or as inspiration for your own backgrounds.
- New Archetypes and a New Class. Each of the twelve base classes has been fitted with new archetypes. Discover the legendary Bladebonded, the unsettling Urban Shadow, or the unstoppable monks of the Way of Pain. An entirely original thirteenth class is also introduced: the Scholar.
- Modular system. Fateforge’s modular system is based on one of the most popular aspects of the Shadows of Esteren system. Do you want your game to be representative of the canons of heroic fantasy? Use the rules labeled “Action” to make the characters all the more powerful and successful. Do you want to play a dark-fantasy, survival-oriented game? “Dark” and “Gritty” options have been designed for you and will give characters a hard time.
- New Rules, New Feats. Many optional rules will let you add new aspects and intricacies to your campaign, such as the Wounds system, rules on sparing an opponent, a new “Incite” combat action, etc. Adventurers also includes 43 entirely new feats for your characters.
- Geomagic, presented in Grimoire, is one of the unique ways magic functions in Eana. Geomagic occurs when magical currents are particularly weak or strong in a region, leading to supernatural phenomena in the area. The abilities of spellcasting adventurers may be hindered or boosted, become more chaotic, or simply have stronger repercussions. Sixteen geomagics are detailed, plus a game aid to help you create your own.
- The Awakening is an event through which an individual becomes able to use magic, and Grimoire goes more in depth into this life-changing epiphany. Dedicated game aids and rules are provided for a better understanding of this peculiarity of Fateforge, so that you can make it part of your game in a way that corresponds to the premise and atmosphere of your campaign.
- Madness and horror are associated with the effects of corruption, which is the expression of Canker’s mentally and physically deleterious influence. Canker is an omnipresent, undying entity of divine proportions whose corruption extends to the very substance of many enchantment, illusion, necromancy, and transmutation spells, making these spells risky to cast at best. However, some adventurers choose to willingly expose themselves to corruption, whether to gain insight into Canker or to draw power from the boons it provides… which are never without drawbacks.