It’s another day of Origins Game Fair 2018 and another game worth checking out! This time Legendary Games and Mythica Games are showcasing Fates of Madness on Kickstarter [below] and at Origins. Are you at Origins? Because designer Jimmy Sanders is demo’ing FoM there. As well, there are sessions of the Legends of Draxia card game and the Draxia RPG from Mythica Games.
Fates of Madness, an RPG Card Game by Legendary Games and Mythica Games
Ends on .
“A cooperative RPG adventure card game based on the Gothic Campaign Compendium. Plays Solo or up to 5 Players!
Fates of Madness is a cooperative role-playing light adventure card game based on the popular Gothic Campaign Compendium by Legendary Games with game design by Mythica Gaming.
This diceless game is varied by the use of Fate cards and skill level to determine success or failure. This horror themed adventure is the first joint project between Legendary Games and Mythica Gaming.
The game is comprised of two sizes of cards, Tarot sized and Poker sized. You will find the following in the base game but we hope to reach all stretch goals.
Tarot Size Cards
- 6 Character Cards
- 4 Character Hit Point Tracker Cards
- 13 Location Cards (7 Scenarios and 6 Monsters)
- 5 Boss Monsters Cards
- 1 Monster Hit Point Tracker Cards
Poker Size Cards
- 27 Fate Cards
- 16 Equipment Cards
- 20 Potion Cards
- 14 Treasure Cards
Characters in the game
- Agrimar Vaskel, Male half-orc paladin
- Dominnia Vorsaife, Female human wizard
- Eilinica Ziorec, Female elf cleric
- Ereviss Cierdel, Male elf bard
- Jevalt Ardain, Male human inquisitor
- Merenso Kull, Male half-elf ranger
- STRETCH GOAL LOCKED: Xiuj Hak Leyng of the Seven-Ghost-Needles, Male middle-aged human alchemist
- STRETCH GOAL LOCKED: Ysabot Vaskel, Female human Witch
Locations in the game
- Abandoned Laboratory
- Crumbling Gazebo
- Derelict House
- Ruined Castle
- Swamp, Foul Needler
- Cave, Adomination
- Misty Grasslands, Barghest
- Abandoned Dress Shop, Possessed Manikin
- Ancient Battlefields, Animated Armor
- Deep Forest, Jabberwock
- STRETCH GOAL LOCKED: Farmer’s Field, Barbed Devil
- Black Behemoth
- Body Thief
- Devil Beast
- She Devil
- LOCKED: Alternative Boss Monster”
You can see examples of their work at DriveThruRPG here or at the OpenGamingStore here.
You can support this Kickstarter campaign here.
* * * * * *
Want your RPG Kickstarter reviewed? Have some RPG wanna-lancer thoughts to share? Contact me here or on Facebook (Egg Embry) or on Google Plus (+Egg Embry).
Disclosure: This article contains affiliate links to DriveThruRPG.com and Amazon.com.
* * * * * *
Egg Embry, Wanna-lancer™
Interested in being a wanna-lancer? Start with the official Wanna-lancer Checklist t-shirt or wall clock or ice tea glass!
* * * * * *
Egg Embry wrote comic book short stories, edited comic book series, wrote and drew a webcomic, and contributed to comic book journalism across the 2000s. Now, he buys the opportunity to write for a variety of tabletop role-playing games in the tradition of vanity press. His purchases have been published by a variety of companies:
- Sasquatch Game Studio’s Primeval Thule for 5e available at DriveThruRPG.com – Writer
- Ember Design Studios’ Yrisa’s Nightmare for 5e and Pathfinderavailable at DriveThurRPG.com – Writer
- Ember Design Studios’ Rats in the Street for 5e and Pathfinder available at DriveThurRPG.com – Writer & Artist
- Kobold Press’ Tome of Beasts for 5eavailable at KoboldPress.com – Playtester
- Kobold Press’ Deep Magic 9: Ring Magic (5e) available at KoboldPress.com – Playtester
- EN World’ Gaming at the Kids’ Table Column – Journalist
- Total Party Kill Games’ Slaughter at Splinterfang Gorge – Writer
- Total Party Kill Games’ Fifth Edition Fighter Folio – Writer
- Codex The Gauntlet’s Monthly RPG Zine – Writer
- MidCity Comics’ Soon-to-be-Announced Comic Book Mini-Series – Writer
Want your RPG Kickstarter reviewed? Have some RPG wanna-lancer thoughts to share? Contact me here or onFacebook (Egg Embry) or on Google Plus (+Egg Embry).