Want to be Sherlock or Robin Hood or try a new game at Origins Game Fair 2018? Read on. In October, 2017, I covered the Baker Street: Strange Cases and Hood: Beyond the Forest by Fearlight Games‘ Kickstarter. Through that and a mutual friend, I met Bryce Whitacre who shared the fruits of his Kickstarter with me. Baker Street and Hood are fun tabletop RPGs and, during Origins Game Fair 2018, Fearlight Games‘ Bryce Whitacre will be at booth 240 selling them. As well, if you want to play Baker Street or Hood or demo their soon-to-be-Kickstarted social deduction card game, they’re waiting at b230.
From Bryce – “[I]f you have a spare 20 minutes to try the [new social deduction card] game, just stop by between 8 and 11 PM in the game room b230.” I hope to see you there.
Baker Street: Strange Cases by Fearlight Games
“Sherlock Holmes is Missing and Presumed Dead!
Intrepid investigators are asked by the stoic Dr. Watson to take cases out of Baker Street in Holmes’s absence. Victorian streets, foggy nights, and crime most foul await. Will the nefarious plans of crafty villains come to fruition or can the champions of justice from Baker Street save the day?
Hood: Beyond the Forest by Fearlight Games
The small band of outlaws gathers around the trysting tree. Prince John and the Sherriff of Nottingham are making life impossible for the villagers of Sherwood and Barnsdale. Only these outlaws can fight back and preserve the English way of life until good King Richard returns. Don the Lincoln green, grab your arrows, and join the Merry Men!
This book contains:
- Adventuring mechanics that feature a narrative style of storytelling and derring-do.
- NPCs and legendary characters you can add to any campaign.
- Historical information on locations and events in Robin’s life.
- A “Clash of Blades” system that brings back the tension and drama of classic movie sword duels.
- Rules for Pluck, Swashbuckling Momentum, and a stunt system that unleashes the swashbuckler in you!”
* * * * * *
Want your RPG Kickstarter reviewed? Have some RPG wanna-lancer thoughts to share? Contact me here or on Facebook (Egg Embry) or on Google Plus (+Egg Embry).
Disclosure: This article contains affiliate links to DriveThruRPG.com and Amazon.com.
* * * * * *
Egg Embry, Wanna-lancer™
Interested in being a wanna-lancer? Start with the official Wanna-lancer Checklist t-shirt or wall clock or ice tea glass!
* * * * * *
Egg Embry wrote comic book short stories, edited comic book series, wrote and drew a webcomic, and contributed to comic book journalism across the 2000s. Now, he buys the opportunity to write for a variety of tabletop role-playing games in the tradition of vanity press. His purchases have been published by a variety of companies:
- Sasquatch Game Studio’s Primeval Thule for 5e available at DriveThruRPG.com – Writer
- Ember Design Studios’ Yrisa’s Nightmare for 5e and Pathfinderavailable at DriveThurRPG.com – Writer
- Ember Design Studios’ Rats in the Street for 5e and Pathfinder available at DriveThurRPG.com – Writer & Artist
- Kobold Press’ Tome of Beasts for 5eavailable at KoboldPress.com – Playtester
- Kobold Press’ Deep Magic 9: Ring Magic (5e) available at KoboldPress.com – Playtester
- EN World’ Gaming at the Kids’ Table Column – Journalist
- Total Party Kill Games’ Slaughter at Splinterfang Gorge – Writer
- Total Party Kill Games’ Fifth Edition Fighter Folio – Writer
- Codex The Gauntlet’s Monthly RPG Zine – Writer
- MidCity Comics’ Soon-to-be-Announced Comic Book Mini-Series – Writer
Want your RPG Kickstarter reviewed? Have some RPG wanna-lancer thoughts to share? Contact me here or onFacebook (Egg Embry) or on Google Plus (+Egg Embry).