I ran into Chris Miller of Chris Miller Games and Ankur: Kingdom of the Gods at Atlanta Sci-fi and Fantasy Expo, MomoCon, and, now, Origins Game Fair 2018. At MomoCon, I participated in an interview with Chris and I can tell you, he has some interesting stories about the origins of Ankur that are worth heading to his booth and asking about. Head over to booth 460 and say hi.
Ankur: Kingdom of the Gods – Kingdom of the gods is a sci-fi tabletop role-playing game based largely on ancient Sumerian mythology. The game takes place on Earth just after the great flood, some 25,000 years in the past. A species of Alien beings from the planet Nibir, in the farthest reaches of our own solar system, come to Earth to mine gold for the production of Mana. Through genetic manipulation, they create a variety of humanoid slaves to mine gold.
A series of cataclysms and power struggles set in motion events that will entwine the destinies of these species forever! Since the great flood many forgotten ruins and ancient alien technologies lay buried, awaiting re-discovery and exploration. Strange monsters roam the land, remnants of a pre-historic past, all but swept away by the hands of fate. Politics and treachery are around every corner as alien and humankind alike struggle to claim their place in this world. It is up to the players to decide the fate of Earth. Prepare to enter a world of pre-historic monsters, flying saucers, swords and sorcery. Adventure awaits you in…
ANKUR – Kingdom of the gods!
* * * * * *
Want your RPG Kickstarter reviewed? Have some RPG wanna-lancer thoughts to share? Contact me here or on Facebook (Egg Embry) or on Google Plus (+Egg Embry).
Disclosure: This article contains affiliate links to DriveThruRPG.com and Amazon.com.
* * * * * *
Egg Embry, Wanna-lancer™
Interested in being a wanna-lancer? Start with the official Wanna-lancer Checklist t-shirt or wall clock or ice tea glass!
* * * * * *
Egg Embry wrote comic book short stories, edited comic book series, wrote and drew a webcomic, and contributed to comic book journalism across the 2000s. Now, he buys the opportunity to write for a variety of tabletop role-playing games in the tradition of vanity press. His purchases have been published by a variety of companies:
- Sasquatch Game Studio’s Primeval Thule for 5e available at DriveThruRPG.com – Writer
- Ember Design Studios’ Yrisa’s Nightmare for 5e and Pathfinderavailable at DriveThurRPG.com – Writer
- Ember Design Studios’ Rats in the Street for 5e and Pathfinder available at DriveThurRPG.com – Writer & Artist
- Kobold Press’ Tome of Beasts for 5eavailable at KoboldPress.com – Playtester
- Kobold Press’ Deep Magic 9: Ring Magic (5e) available at KoboldPress.com – Playtester
- EN World’ Gaming at the Kids’ Table Column – Journalist
- Total Party Kill Games’ Slaughter at Splinterfang Gorge – Writer
- Total Party Kill Games’ Fifth Edition Fighter Folio – Writer
- Codex The Gauntlet’s Monthly RPG Zine – Writer
- MidCity Comics’ Soon-to-be-Announced Comic Book Mini-Series – Writer
Want your RPG Kickstarter reviewed? Have some RPG wanna-lancer thoughts to share? Contact me here or onFacebook (Egg Embry) or on Google Plus (+Egg Embry).