FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Onyx Path Publishing Launches Kickstarter for V5: Cults of the Blood Gods
December 17th, 2019 — Rich Thomas, founder and Creative Director of Onyx Path Publishing, announced the company launched the Kickstarter for Cults of the Blood Gods, a supplement for the Vampire: The Masquerade 5th Edition core rulebook.
Cults of the Blood Gods is a new style of sourcebook for Vampire: The Masquerade 5th Edition that introduces the pernicious horror of twisted beliefs. Designed for players and Storytellers, this supplement includes:
- An in-character breakdown of the rise of esoteric beliefs among the ranks of the undead and how faith drives many of the major aspects of vampire culture.
- A host of religions — from historic theocracies and globe-spanning conspiracies to fringe cults and mortal beliefs arising in the modern nights — introduced for incorporation into your character backgrounds or as supporting casts and antagonist groups in your chronicles.
- The history, structure, and ambitions of the Hecata, the vampire group known as the Clan of Death, as well as a chapter dedicated to playing a vampire among the Necromancers, and the rituals for their Discipline: Oblivion.
- Guidance on how to use ecclesiastical horror and construct cults in Vampire, making them a vivid backdrop for your own stories, including new coterie styles focused on cult play.
- Faith-based story hooks and a full story centered on the activities of the Hecata, involving walking corpses, ghosts, ready-made characters, and the secrets of the most twisted family in the World of Darkness.
- New Loresheets, Discipline powers, and Predator types for inclusion in your chronicles, encouraging player characters to engage fully with the material presented in this book.
The Cults of the Blood Gods Kickstarter has launched for a traditionally-printed full color hardcover edition that will be available in game stores. Previews of the finished manuscript will be released during the Kickstarter. A standard digital edition will be released following Kickstarter fulfillment.
About Onyx Path Publishing:
Founded in 2012, Onyx Path Publishing is a Pennsylvania-based company dedicated to the development of exemplary, immersive worlds. Working
with a group of amazingly talented creators, we explore print, electronic and other forms of media distribution to make our products available to our fans. With over 25 years of publishing experience from which to draw, we are industry professionals who love the art of the game and plan to continue making meaningful, innovative contributions in the years to come.
On the web: www.theonyxpath.com
About White Wolf Entertainment
White Wolf Entertainment is a licensing company focused on creating the best participatory brands in the world. Since its original entry into the roleplaying game market in 1991, White Wolf’s World of Darkness has grown to be one of the most recognized and successful brands in the hobby game space with collective book sales in excess of 10 million copies during this time. White Wolf’s World of Darkness brands, which include Vampire: The Masquerade, Werewolf: The Apocalypse, Wraith: The Oblivion, and Orpheus, as well as other universes such as Exalted and Chronicles of Darkness, have been licensed for television series, video games, interactive media events, and a myriad of merchandise and other entertainment products.
On the web: www.white-wolf.com